12th century feudal castle that’s been under restoration since 1969 by volunteers and professionals guided by Francoise and Pierre Pottier. Classified Historical Monument since 1937.
Badly damaged during the Hundred Years War, then after the 1789 French Revolution, when part of it was used for stone (southern side). Since 1969, 4,000 volunteers aided by professionals have been helping to rebuild it; reconstruction is now 80 percent complete. Through it, a number of young people have chosen a career as architects, historical monument architects, public works engineers or carpenters or stone-cutters. The initiative is due to Françoise and Pierre Pottier.
- Car park
- Coach parking
- Guided tours
- Pets welcome
Means of payment
|Free entry for children < 12 years.|
|Entry: 5 €.|