The primitive chapel destroyed during an invasion was rebuilt and enlarged from the 12th century (Romanesque style) and became a parish church until 1885 when it was abandoned.
We find mention of the church of Our Lady of Prévenchères in the bull of Pope Alexander III of April 1, 1179 confirming all benefits to the important Benedictine abbey of St Chaffre du Monastier (Haute-Loire).
Located in the immediate vicinity of the ancient great communication route joining the Rhone Valley to the Auvergne by the Pal Pass, it is on the pilgrimage route to Le Puy. The primitive chapel destroyed first during an invasion was rebuilt and enlarged from the twelfth century (Romanesque style) and became a parish church until 1885 when it was abandoned the population found too far from the town. Transformed into shed, hay barn and then abandoned, it is finally saved in 1944 by its classification among historical monuments.