The town of Lalevade of Ardeche is located along the right Ardeche riverside. Between Pont de Labeaume and the river Fontaulière and the river Salyndres. It is the smallest town in Ardeche with 227 hectares.
Until 1982, Lalevade of Ardeche was the last train stop on the railway from Le Teil to Aubenas, the complete train line was from Vogüé to Lalevade. The train traffic stopped in 1969. The old train station is nowadays the office of the administrative bureaux of the town council.
The project to elongate the train railway towards Le Puy was already organised before 1870. From 1906, a lot of railway works were established and unfortunately stopped by the First World War. It was only one of the project cancelled because of the war, planned-tunnels towards Montpezat-sous-Bauzon were also cancelled.
Only the tunnel “Tunnel du Roux” was achieved and open to public traffic.
All year round, daily.
- Camper van reception area
- Public WC
- Tourist information
- Cash point
- Coach access
- Fast food